Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Octopus Nails

Hello! Good day to you all! ;]

Today I have some awesome freehand nail art to share with you! (Well, at least I think it turned out awesome for someone who is artistically challenged). 

I wanted to do something ocean themed ever since Chalkboard Nails did an underwater theme here. Her manicure is flawless. Please don't compare mine to hers. Haha.

As I was looking at her pictures, I remembered watching the documentary "Planet Earth" and the part about an octopus that laid 600,000 eggs then died. 

Yeah. 


By no means am I saying this artwork is perfect. It was my first attempt at something like this! 



Here is the list of what I used to create the look:
2 coats of Essie Barefoot in Blue (LE)
Sponged gradient of Essie and China Glaze Shower Together
Teal, Black and White Acrylic paint.
Paint brush
Color Club Beyond the Mistletoe glitter (sponged on)
Hong Kong Girl topcoat

Enjoy!
Demi

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Though I did get a bit sad at the laying 600,000 eggs and then dying part. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And it made me sad too! They essentially have a 'self destruction' button, according to the show. =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO. COOL! I seriously can't stop looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job!! Really sad about the octopus dying :(

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say about my posts! All I ask is that you please be courteous. Also, do not leave your blog link. If you would like me to check out your blog, e-mail me! <3